Today was a big day - the first day of preschool for Caleb and the first day of the new MOPS year for me.
Vic was in charge of getting all the kids to school today, since I needed to be at MOPS early. I spent half the morning at the check in table and then ducked out to pick up Caleb from preschool. They had a half day today.
I rode with a friend from MOPS who also has a son at the preschool, and Caleb didn't say a word on the ride back to the church. I think he was confused about being picked up in a different car. He was also fascinated by my friend's 3 month old baby, and stared at him the whole time.
I then further confused him by checking him into the MOPPETS program so I could finish the MOPS meeting. He didn't seem to mind, really, and showed up just in time for goldfish and apple juice.
He was much more talkative when we got home and told me and later Grammy on the phone that "Daddy took me to the wrong class this morning" He went on to say that he never did get to go to the right class, he stayed in the wrong class the whole time. Vic said he didn't have any problem finding the right class, but that Caleb was confused and thought he was supposed to be in the same class as last year. I guess that would be confusing! I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.
We don't have any pictures from his first day because the card was missing from Vic's camera when he tried to take pictures. We'll do a first day of school re-do photo shoot soon. :)
Tonight I loaded up the kids and drove Jamie to cheerleading practice. They fought the whole way there, then I got their shoes on, got all their water bottles, bag of goldfish crackers and herded all the kids to the practice area just as thunder rumbled and the coach cancelled practice. :sigh: At least we got home earlier, which made dinner and bedtime easier.
Sorry I have been away from the blog so long. Between MOPS stuff, Vic going out of town and Jamie having a stomach virus, I haven't had much spare time lately. Now that MOPS is up and running for the year, I hope I will have more time for writing!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment