Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1, 2009

My keyboard mysteriously quit working last night, so no blog. This morning it mysteriously started working again. Who knows. Maybe one of the kids spilled something on it.

Yesterday, we went to church and were *this* close to being on time! Later, the boys all went to the beach and Jamie and I went to Publix. Jamie would have gone to the beach, but she was upset with Vic for putting her in time out for hurling a hard plastic toy over the railing on the top of the stairs, narrowly missing hitting him in the head. That big meanie. So, I got to have some company at the grocery store. It was probably better that Vic didn't have all three kids at the beach by himself anyway, especially since the boys want to be in the water and Jamie likes the sand.

Today, Caleb and I took Carson and Jamie and the neighbor girls to school and then drove straight to Target! I think Caleb loves Target as much as I do. He had a great time. He wanted a "Bonzai 3-d Shark Bite slide" as his potty training success prize, so we picked that up and he was happy with it for about half an hour while we shopped. Then he decided the shark head was too scary. He traded it for a much less scary, and much cheaper, Elmo bubble blower. So, I also got him a bubble refill bottle and a small toy boat. I am so happy to be done with diapers that I would have bought him almost anything. :)

This afternoon Carson played Toontown with Grammy online while Jamie and Caleb played with friends outside. My friend who lives two doors down told me they are moving to Wisconsin in August. I am sad that they are leaving. I will miss chatting with her in the afternoons while the kids play. I feel bad for Jamie, too. She loves playing with her three daughters. Plus, two other friends of Jamie's on our street will be moving. One in July, and I'm not sure when the other one will be leaving. Poor Jamie. At least she'll still have one friend left on our street.

I signed up for WW online today. I think I need to get back to counting my points again, since I tend to eat a lot without thinking. I was up .4 at today's weigh in, so I decided I have to do something different. Here's hoping I get good news at next Monday's weigh in!

1 comment:

Nana said...

I'm with Caleb, that shark head is scary - I like Elmo a lot better! What's with all the neighbors moving? On the bright side, maybe Vic can be their realtor. =) Good luck on WW - I need to get back on WW too!!