Carson had his last soccer game of the season today, and they won again! It was good to end up the season on a high note. After the game, all the kids went over to the coach's house for a cookout. Shortly after we got there, it started pouring rain. The poor coach tried to go out and start the grill in the pouring rain using his daughter's tiny princess umbrella, but soon gave up and decided to boil the hot dogs instead. The kids all had a lot of fun and they each got a medal.
Tonight we dropped all the kids off at Grammy and Grampy's house and Vic and I went out to dinner at the new Asian Fusion restaurant near our house. It was so good! It is owned by the same people who own our favorite restaurant, Tangerine, but it's only 5 minutes away instead of half an hour! :)
When stopped by to pick up the kids after dinner, we stayed for a while and watched some old home movies of Vic and Brent when they were very little. It was neat to see how much our boys look like Vic did when he was little. Jamie saw a portrait on the wall of Vic with his family when he was about 9 years old and said, "Hey, look! There's Grammy and Grampy when they had kids!" I asked her if she knew who those kids were, and she said, "I don't know. It's just Grammy and Grampy and some kids!" She knows that Grammy and Grampy are Vic's parents, but I guess she hasn't quite figured out that Vic used to be little. :)
I'll close with another Jamie story that I forgot to share from last weekend. We were eating take out Japanese food. Jamie's chicken had sesame seeds on it. I put her food down in front of her and she got very excited, "Hey Mom! I found a seed on my chicken! Can I go plant this outside and grow a chicken tree?" I guess we need to go visit a farm soon.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment