Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009

I dropped Caleb off at Grammy and Grampy's house this morning, picked up Carson, dropped Carson and Jamie off at school and then went to the awards ceremony for 1st and 2nd grade. It was way, way too long. Why on earth would they have the 4th grade chorus sing 3 songs at the 1st and 2nd grade awards banquet? I was secretly kind of hoping Carson wouldn't get an award this year. I thought we could just go out for breakfast and skip the whole thing. But the little card came home on Tuesday saying that he was getting an award, so we both got to attend. I'm glad we went, though, because he got the perfect attendance award and it would have been pretty funny if he were absent on awards day! He also got an award for making honor roll all four marking periods.

I ran out quickly after that and got the teacher gifts for tomorrow and stopped by the grocery store before heading back to the school for Carson's end of year luau. All the kids had a great time, even though it was terribly hot and humid outside. They got to make a lei, decorate a frisbee, eat lots of luau food, have snow cones, play games, get temporary tattoos, and get their face painted. Carson was only interested in the food, snow cones, and a tattoo(a turtle on his cheek). His favorite part was the tiny sword he got from the pineapple pieces. After a while, we had had enough of the heat and I checked him and Jamie out early.

After school, Carson went for a swim at his friend's house and Jamie had a friend over to play. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of school! I am going to go get some rest now. I'm going to need it!

No comments: