Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7, 2009

Vic had sound at church this morning, so I took the kids to Sunday school. After Sunday school, we went home and Caleb took a nice long nap, so I got stuff done around the house. I cleaned out my side of the closet, which I haven't done since we moved in here almost four years ago. So, that took a while. I can't believe how much stuff I had in there that I never wear. I still didn't go through my shoes. I was tired of being in the closet after going through all my old clothes and purses.

Later I had a VBS teachers meeting. We are doing Paul and the Underground Church, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun. We are doing something different this year and dividing the kids into "families" of mixed ages. It will be interesting to see how it works. The theory is that the older kids will behave better because they will be helping out with the younger kids and not competing with each other for attention. I hope it works! Last year was kind of rough!

The kids spent most of the day playing inside because it was raining off and on. The doorbell has been strangely silent all weekend. I think it rang twice yesterday and not at all today. It has been nice. I talked to one of the neighbors who is moving today and got two bits of good news for Jamie. The first one is that they are giving Jamie their Barbie jeep. I haven't told her yet; I'm not going to tell her until we actually get the jeep, but she will be so excited! The other good news is that the people who are renting their house have a daughter Jamie's age and another child(don't know if it's a boy or girl) who will be at Caleb's preschool. :)

Time to get some rest now. I can't believe this is the last week of school! I know it will be a busy one!

No comments: