Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009

Caleb got to spend a fun day with Grammy and Grampy today, and I went to have my hair cut and highlighted. I went to yet another new person. Well, she's not totally new because she did cut my hair at the MOPS spa day. But, I'm always nervous about someone new putting color on my hair.

She did a good job, and she seems normal, too. In my experience, it's hard to find a hairdresser who is good and not crazy. I will stick with this lady, if she doesn't disappear before my next appointment. I have that effect on hairdressers lately.

This afternoon I met with Jamie's teacher for our last parent/teacher conference of the year. She had nothing but good things to say about Jamie. She was especially impressed with Jamie's acting abilities and said that she did a great job playing the mother cat in the story of the Three Little Kittens when they acted it out in their classroom. She said Jamie needed no direction and scolded those kittens like a pro, complete with a pointing finger. Hmmm, I wonder where she learned that from? She also said she was very impressed with Jamie's reading skills. I am, too. I can't believe how fast she is picking it up!

We had a rainy afternoon this afternoon and stayed inside. Caleb and Jamie played and Carson worked on his homework. I am so ready for a break from homework! I hope this was our last night of it and they won't have any next week!

No comments: