The kids and I ran some errands today. I had forgotten just how much fun it is to run errands with three kids. I decided it's probably a good thing to take them all with me. Surely I spend less money since I am focusing on nothing but buying what we need and getting out of there. We made it through Walmart and Publix and then headed home where I fed them lunch and opened the back door so they could go wild.
I bought them a package of water balloons and a ball that you are supposed to pass around like a hot potato. When the timer goes off, the balloon busts and whoever is holding it gets wet. The kids loved it and the boys played outside for hours with it. I don't suggest getting one, though, unless your kids can tie water balloons themselves or you would enjoy tying a water balloon approximately every 45 seconds. Jamie didn't play outside very long. She really doesn't like the heat.
The kids were thrilled to get a package in the mail from Nana and Poppa today. Carson put on his 4th of July t-shirt right away, and then immediately got it filthy playing outside with the water. Jamie wore her new dress to VBS tonight, and Caleb is sleeping in his new shirt. They were also excited about the mints and gummy bears and Pixos. They waited until I was out of the room and tore into their mints like wild animals. When I returned, there was nothing left but tiny scraps of Mento wrapper all over the den. Thanks, Nana & Poppa! You made the kids' day.
Jamie and Carson are really enjoying VBS. Jamie told me tonight that she wished it would last a long time, like regular school. Tomorrow is the last night. I am looking forward to watching the kids sing at family night tomorrow.
Caleb fell asleep at 6:15 tonight, so I am heading to bed. He will be up before the sun tomorrow!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment