Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 12, 2009

I dropped Carson off with Grammy this morning, and the little kids and I headed to Target for a morning of shopping fun. After Target, I completely blew my diet as soon as I saw the DQ sign. I remembered that they have Tagalong blizzards now. That's right. Tagalongs and ice cream. Mixed together. So, I enjoyed every bite of the Blizzard and called it lunch.

This afternoon brought thunderstorms. We got an email from the football coaches that practice was still on. He said the showers looked scattered, so we'd hope for the best. I thought that was nuts, since it had been raining and thundering and lightning for at least an hour and showed no signs of stopping. Then I got an email from the cheerleading coaches that cheerleading practice was cancelled even though football practice was still on. Thank goodness. I didn't want her to miss practice, but I wasn't going to take her to practice in the lightning.

Caleb fell asleep tonight at 5:00 and woke up at 7:00. I thought he would never go back to sleep. He threw a fit for about half an hour in his bed because he wanted to play with play dough right then in his bed. He's finally out and I'm ready for bed myself!

It's time for the countdown to the first day of school: 19 more days!!

No comments: