Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29, 2009

The kids all had a fun day today. This morning I took Jamie to a friend's birthday party. It was a pool party, so she spent the morning in the pool. She only came out for pizza, cake and ice cream. It was such a nice morning for a pool party. Not too cold, not too hot. I especially appreciated that since I spent most of the three hours in a lounge chair by the pool.

While we were at the party, Vic took the boys to the Flying Frogs(it's like Chuck E Cheese but less awful). They had a good time eating pizza, playing games and playing in the playground area. Carson was very proud that they won 200 tickets with only 20 tokens. :)

After the pool party Jamie and I went to Walmart. We had to go get more school supplies since the list I got from Carson's teacher was a little different than the one on the school's website. This happens every year, so you'd think I'd get used to it. It's still annoying, though. Just when you think you have everything ready. . . Well, we will be ready after tonight. I have a few more things to label and a couple of more folders to put paper in and then he is ready for 3rd grade, at least supply wise. I don't think he's very excited about third grade at all and would just as soon continue summer break forever.

Last night we got to meet the kids' teachers. We started out in the K hall, where Jamie didn't get the teacher she really wanted (the one who taught Carson), but she did get a very nice teacher and she has a few friends in her class. She is so excited about starting Kindergarten. She keeps asking me if she gets to go tomorrow.

Then we moved on to the 3rd grade hall, where Carson got to meet his new teacher, who also seems very nice. Carson only spoke about two words and didn't even try to seem excited about 3rd grade. Oh well, he definitely didn't seem to be the only kid who was less than thrilled about school starting.

Caleb got to hang out with Grammy at the library while we met the teachers, so we picked him up and headed to Applebee's for some takeout to celebrate the new school year.

Time for me to finish getting those school supplies ready!

Back to school countdown . . . 2 more days!!

No comments: