Our last day of Summer was a rainy one, at least in the afternoon. We managed to get in some fun before the rain, though. I took the kids out to Beef O'Brady's and they played in the arcade and enjoyed their curly fries. After that we went to the playground and they played for almost an hour when the clouds started rolling in. We made a quick stop by Publix to get doughnuts, which is what they want for their back-to-school breakfast tomorrow, and then headed home for the rest of the afternoon.
Jamie's cheerleading practice was rained out, and I was secretly cheering about that. Vic brought home a pizza for the kids, and I made a healthy shrimp stir fry for us. Did I mention he has lost 25 pounds now? I am trying to step up my diet plan to catch up with him!
Caleb was excited today because his Skechers Hot Lights shoes arrived in the mail. Skechers does an incredible job with marketing. My three year old asked for these shoes by name. He also told me how they "Light up the night", per the ad. So, he's been wanting these for months and I promised that when it was time to buy back to school shoes, he would have his Skechers. Today was the day. The first thing he did was turn out all the lights, put them on and run around. "They do light up the night, Mommy!" I'm glad they made him happy. :)
The Third Grader, Kindergartener, and the little guy are all in their beds. We are all ready for the big day tomorrow. Uniforms are laid out, supplies are labeled and packed, and I'm about to go pack what I can of their lunches and snacks. I'll post pictures tomorrow!
Back to school countdown . . . 0 days!!
Monday, August 31, 2009
August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment