Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009

Today, the kids spent the day fighting, making messes, and getting in trouble. I took them to lunch at McDonald's and even took along a book thinking I could read while they played in the play area. It didn't work out quite as well as I hoped, but I did get a chapter read, and they didn't fight.

Back at home this afternoon, there was more fighting and fussing, the frog escaped from his tank twice, some extra kids came over, I found out Carson and a friend had stuffed a neighbor's mailbox with walnuts, and I got to go spend an hour and a half at cheerleading practice with an over-tired toddler. Actually, the over-tired toddler was a little angel all of practice until we ran into the para pro from Jamie's class last year. Then he turned into devil child. That was right after she remarked that she hoped he'd get to be in her class when he's in pre-k. I bet she's re-thinking that now. Oh, and Jamie is supposed to be cheering out in Rincon this Saturday for the practice game. Thank goodness she has already RSVPed to attend a birthday party Saturday morning. Rincon is a bit far of a drive to go shake some pom poms. I hope the regular games will be here on the island or in Savannah. It would be great if we got a schedule.

On a positive note, Carson was invited to stay at William's house for dinner while I went with the little ones to cheer practice. Also, it was announced that Wednesday cheer practice is cancelled for U8 cheerleaders and probably will be also for U10. Jamie is on the U10 squad(they are divided according to the team for which they will be cheering, not by age), so here's hoping that they cancel too. I think they will.

Vic brought home pizza tonight. That means no dishes before bed - yay! So, I'm off to get some rest. Here's hoping the frog stays in the tank all night. I have no idea how he's getting out, but if he gets out during the night he's on his own.

Back to school countdown: 7 more days!!

No comments: