Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009

The kids were somewhat calmer today. That was nice. They weren't very calm, though. I think they are getting excited about school starting and that is somehow causing them to not be able to pass within 3 feet of each other without one of them knocking another one in the head.

I took all three to Publix today. Good times. If there had been a big bowl of eggnog there, I would have been drinking it like Clark W. Griswold on Christmas Eve. In fact, maybe I should just keep a big bowl of eggnog around here until school starts.

We picked up some ice cream and some toppings at Publix and made ice cream Sundaes after lunch. I enjoyed a nice ice cream sundae with hot fudge, pecans and a cherry on top. It wasn't exactly good for my diet, but it's not like the diet is doing any good anyway. Might as well eat ice cream. The kids enjoyed it too, and ended up very, very sticky and happy.

Tonight I got to go to a baby shower for a friend from MOPS who is having twins. It was fun, and it was good to get out for a while with no kids.

Earlier, Jamie was talking non-stop, telling me story after story after story. I said, "Wow, you sure do have a lot of stories." She replied, "Well, I've got to clear out all of my stories from pre-k so that I can make room in my head for Kindergarten stories!"

Back to school countdown . . . 6 more days!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love the pictures!! Caleb is a good photographer. The icecream sure does sound good. I like the way you are counting down until school starts - you are on the home stretch!!! :-)