Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

We got a call as we were getting ready for church this morning from Vic's parents that his Nanny passed away this morning. She had been quite sick for a while now, and she got to go home from the hospital before she died, which was what she wanted. So, we are sad but glad that she got her wish. There won't be a funeral since she didn't want one, so we are going ahead with our planned trip for next week.

Vic took the kids to Sunday school, except for Caleb who had been up since the crack of dawn and was tired and grumpy. Caleb and I stayed home and did laundry and worked on getting ready for the trip.

Jamie and I joined the crowds at Walmart this afternoon to shop for school supplies. They don't start school for another month, but I wanted to get all the supplies on tax-free weekend. Then we got caught in a downpour and had to run to the van, which was all the way on the other side of the parking lot. I was in heels and she was in a dress and "jelly" type shoes, so we were quite a sight. I'm just glad that I have the supplies done now. I still need a rolling backpack for Carson and some primary pencils for Jamie.

It was gloomy and rainy most of the rest of the afternoon. Carson was over at a friend's house, and Jamie and Caleb watched a Bob the Builder video and we baked cookies. I also got a lot of packing done. I can get a lot done on rainy days since there is less doorbell ringing and kids running in and out of the house.

I just have a little more packing to do and a little more straightening to do around the house and we are ready to roll. I will try to write from Charlotte, but if not I'll be back in a week!

No comments: