Thursday, August 27, 2009

August 27, 2009

All three little bundles of energy went to spend the night with Grammy and Grampy last night. Woohoo! Vic and I finally went out to eat for our anniversary.

We went to Ruth's Chris steak house. It was very good, but one of those places where you pay $35 for just a steak. No potato, no salad, just a piece of steak. So, not exactly the kind of place we usually go. I did spring for the $9 sweet potato casserole to go with mine. It was yummy, but not as yummy as the one my MawMaw and my mom make. The waitress told us that they broil the steak at 1800 degrees and then serve the steak on a 500 degree plate. I found out they weren't kidding when I tried to move my plate, momentarily forgetting about the 500 degree thing - ouch! I very much enjoyed our nice night out, burned finger and all. They even brought us champagne on the house for our anniversary. I thought that was nice.

I haven't been downtown in a while and remembered why when we were driving round and round looking for parking. On the way back to the car, we passed the valet parking for the restaurant. Too bad we didn't see that before spending 15 minutes touring downtown. Well, at least it is pretty downtown.

This morning, Grammy and Grampy took all the kids to the Flying Frogs. Have I mentioned lately how much I love Grammy and Grampy? There were some people there from my MOPS group and a couple from the kids' school, so they had friends to play with and had a great time. I had a nice and very quiet morning at home. No one was fighting, no crying, no yelling, no one trying to run inside, or scattering toys. It was weird. It is going to be even weirder when they are all in school very soon!

This afternoon, they came back home in full force. They weren't too bad, really. Carson played outside with friends, and Caleb and Jamie mostly stayed in except for going out to play in the water for a while. They were too tired to fight, I think. That was nice.

Time to go tackle those dishes and get some rest!

Back to school countdown . . . 4 more days!!

No comments: