Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009

Caleb, Grammy and I got to go downtown this morning to watch Carson dance a Mexican Hat dance at the annual May Day celebration, which was held late this year because of CRCT testing in the schools. It was cool and windy, but as one of the speakers at the ceremony said, there were no gnats out! There was a very drawn-out ceremony, including a lady who spoke right after the school board president and basically shamed the school board for cutting the budget of the Massie Heritage Center, which sponsors May Day. So, that was nice. Then finally the dancing began. Carson was in the second group to dance, so we didn't have to wait much longer. He did a great job, and was super cute in his sombrero!

After his dance, the kids strangely disappeared to the buses for a lemonade and cookies break. When they returned, we decided to make a break for it. So, we told Carson goodbye and "Good job!", and went to lunch at Clary's. Caleb ordered a cheeseburger. I think that's the first time he's had a cheeseburger at a restaurant and it was almost as big as his head!

The rest of the afternoon was very quiet with a little rain here and there. Carson was able to play ball for a while outside with his friends, and Jamie and Caleb played with a friend inside.

We worked on potty training again today, with less success than yesterday. Oh well, at least he's on the right path.

These chilly days in May are very unusual, but I'm enjoying them because I know it will be miserably hot soon!

I will post pictures of our little hat dancer soon!

No comments: