Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7, 2009

This morning we left the house early and I traded Carson for Caleb at Grammy and Grampy's house and then went to the school with Carson and Jamie. They headed off to their classes, and I spent the morning being a proctor for CRCT testing in a first grade classroom. The kids did a good job, considering the testing took about two hours with a fifteen minute break after the first hour. I was surprised how often first graders break the point on their pencil. Part of my job was replacing pencils when they broke. We burned through all the replacement pencils fast, and then I had to start sharpening them with an electric pencil sharpener that was not only super noisy and slow but had to be thwacked to get it to stop running after each pencil. It wasn't too bad, though. All the kids were happy that this was their last day of testing.

This afternoon we went outside and the kids played with their friends and had a big water war. The weather was beautiful today. It was good to be able to be outside, since we were stuck inside yesterday afternoon due to thunder.

No comments: