The first day of bible school went well today. We only had six kids in our "family". A couple of them had a whole lot of energy, but it wasn't too bad. Oh, and I accidentally taught them all the wrong scripture reference with today's verse. Oh well, they can say the verse. They'll just never be able to find it in the bible. ;) I'll teach them the corrected version tomorrow.
The set up is pretty cool. We visit Paul in prison with his guard, Brutus, and then we are taken to the underground church to deliver messages from Paul. The underground church is in a cave created in a hallway with dark plastic sheeting. We have to go through a small dark jungle to get to it. Thank goodness the ancient Romans somehow had a fan inside their cave or it would have been very hot in there! Of course, the people in the underground church were very anxious to hear about Paul and his message. So, when they all began excitedly asking how Paul was doing and what message we had brought, one of our more energetic ones felt the need to break it to them that, "Paul's going to be beheaded soon. Hate to tell you." They pretended not to hear him.
It was really neat and the kids in my class weren't scared as I had feared they would be. I did hear, though, that Jamie was scared when her class went in.
This afternoon, Carson swam with a friend and then played baseball in the cul-de-sac with a whole bunch of boys. Caleb and Jamie were very tired and played inside most of the afternoon. I am very tired, too! Time to get some rest before I go back to ancient Rome tomorrow!
Monday, July 13, 2009
July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment