I had a very nice 34th birthday yesterday! It was my favorite weather, cool and rainy, and that almost never happens in July. Carson spent the day at gymnastics camp, Jamie and Caleb spent the day with Grammy, and I spent most of my day at Target! Woohoo! I even saw Miley Cyrus's mom there!
After that, I took dinner to someone in our church who just had heart valve replacement surgery. I feared his heart couldn't take my cooking, so I picked up a rotisserie chicken and some sides from the Publix deli. Actually, I just spent too much time at Target and didn't have time to cook, but Publix is probably a better cook than I am anyway. :)
I picked up all the kids and we baked birthday cupcakes for me and then Jamie and I iced them with chocolate fudge frosting with mini chocolate chips mixed in! Mmmmmmm! So, my diet is shot for the week. Then Vic brought home Indian food for us and McDonald's for the kids. I forgot to buy candles, so Vic lit one of my Yankee candles and I blew that out.
After that, Caleb and Jamie put on their new rain boots I picked up for them at my favorite store, and went out to play in the rain before bed. Carson opted to play Wii instead. It was a great day!
Today it was rainy most of the day. Caleb, Jamie and I went to Publix and I only had to fix my windshield wiper one time! I really need to get a new one of those. It is getting embarrassing to have to stop somewhere and stand in the rain trying to pop the blade back into place.
This afternoon the weather cleared up and it started to feel almost like Summer again. I picked Carson up from camp and then let all the kids play on the new playground at the Y. It is a really cool playground!
We had take out food again tonight(Japanese this time), as I am stretching this birthday thing out as far as I can! So, no dishes to clean up! The only thing standing between me and sleep is one load of laundry to be folded, so I'm going to tackle that and get some rest!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment