Jamie went for her four year old check up this afternoon. We got out of there with no shrieking, no screaming, and only minimal crying. She did try to knock the shot needle out of the nurse's hand at one point, but I can't really blame her for that. She was very brave and didn't make a scene.
She is 43 inches tall and weighs 43 pounds. That puts her in the 90th percentile for both weight and height. "Perfectly proportioned," according to Dr. Ben. Thankfully, she is also perfectly healthy. She passed a hearing and vision test also, and now she has the certificate that she needs if she gets into the pre-k. Today was her lucky day, as she was supposed to get five, yes five, shots, but they were out of three of them. Poor kid. Two was bad enough. Now we have to go back for three more. I'll put a picture of her at the bottom I took as we were leaving for the appointment. You'll notice that she dressed herself.
Joy watched Caleb for me and picked Carson up from school while we were at the doctor's office. They played on the playground at the school and then picked up dinner for us at McDonald's. That was a nice treat for everyone, especially Jamie after making it through her checkup.
I made the mistake today of leaving Jamie unattended with glitter glue while I put Caleb down for his nap. Oh, how she loves sparkles. She was making Valentines for the Grandparents. Some of them had a reasonable amount of glitter. Others had piles and piles of glitter. I had to blot off a lot of it, or they would have taken a month to dry. The kitchen table will be sparkly for at least a month. Jamie was pretty sparkly too, which was fine with her.
The pictures for today are Carson with his first school project that he turned in today, Caleb fishing for and successfully catching a leaf on his stick, and Jamie ready for her check up.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment