This morning Caleb and I got to join Carson's class on a field trip to Oatland Island. That was great until Caleb got so tired that he got to the screaming and throwing things point and we had to leave early. He would have been fine if it had been a visit where we just looked at the animals, but this time there was a lady teaching the kids about all the animals. That meant a long stop at each animal. Great for 8 year olds, not so great for almost three year olds.
We looked at the barnyard animals on the way out and then ran a couple of quick errands. He fell asleep on the way home and slept for two hours. Then we headed back to the school for my conference with Carson's teacher.
The kids played on the playground with Grammy while I talked to Carson's teacher. I got a good report on Carson. He just needs to work on his handwriting and spelling, as usual.
I returned to the playground and spent a few minutes chatting with Grammy before I heard a little girl report to her mom that Jamie was jumping in a big mud puddle and had fallen down in the puddle and was soaking wet. I looked over to see Jamie back up again and splashing in the mud puddle while soaked from head to toe. The other girls were watching her from the edge of the puddle. I guess she was the only one who didn't mind being covered in mud. Then Carson got in on the action and I headed home with two very dirty kiddos. I am just glad Jamie finally got to jump in a mud puddle. She was very upset with me last night that I wouldn't let her go out in the storm and splash in the huge puddles in our backyard, lol.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment