Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25, 2009 Happy Birthday, Caleb!




First, sorry about not blogging last night. I had a busy day with Caleb's class party, a field trip with Jamie(with Caleb along with us), and soccer practice and was too tired last night.

Today we had a great time celebrating with Caleb. He was so excited about his birthday and woke up saying "I three now! I three now! Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee!"

We started out the morning at Carson's soccer game. They lost 1-3, but it was fun. Carson did a great job, especially on offense.

After that, we went to the Go-Kart track with Grammy and Grampy. Caleb got to ride with Vic and also got to drive on the kiddie track. He liked riding with Vic much better since he got to go faster. He couldn't quite reach the gas pedal on the kiddie kart, so the attendant had to ride along with him. Caleb has been looking forward to this for a long time. Three is the minimum age to ride as a passenger or to drive on the kiddie track, so this was his first time to get to participate in the fun! The kids also played lots of games and won lots of tickets.

My plan was for Caleb to take a nap after that, but he was so excited that he never did go to sleep. He went non-stop all day. Tonight we had a party for him at the house and Grammy and Grampy came over. We served Zaxby's chicken fingers, one of his favorites. He had so much fun, but was completely worn out by the time the party was over. In fact, all the kids were completely worn out, and I think the adults were too. I know for sure I am!

Birthday celebration pictures are up in our web album. :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Those are great pictures. Caleb had a first class birthday party!! I hope he got our card today and our "singing telegram. =)Carson looks nice in his soccer uniform. Jamie looked like she was holding her own driving that go-cart. =) I know you all had fun.

mostlysunny said...

We did have fun. Wish you could have been here! Jamie definitely held her own on the go karts. We were surprised that she wanted to ride at all and then even more surprised that she did so well. She usually doesn't like the noise.

Caleb very much enjoyed your singing message! He also liked the card and the kitty stickers. :)