Carson got an early start to his summer today because of a power outage in the area. Our power went out at around 12:45am and came back on about 12 hours later. Turns out a Woodpecker apparently made a big hole in a power pole, causing it to fall. I figured his school was without power when I called the school and no one answered, so we kept him home. At about 9:40, we got a pre-recorded call from the principal on our cell phones saying that they were closed due to not having power and everyone needed to come pick up their kids right away. I'm not sure why they were accepting any students since they didn't have power in the first place, but I was glad we hadn't taken Carson. I wonder if they will have school on Monday instead. Carson needs to get his supply box from the classroom and give his teacher her gift.
I took them all to the dollar store this morning to get them out of the house for a while. Carson picked out some water balloons and that entertained him and the other two kids all afternoon. Not bad for only $1. Caleb chose a plastic ball and bat, and Jamie chose a snow globe for her room. When we returned home, the power was back. Yay!
Tonight after dinner, Vic took Caleb and Jamie to the beach. They met one of Vic's friends there and his kids. They had a great time, and Jamie made a couple of new friends. Carson wanted to stay here with me. We played some Webkinz while they were gone.
Now I am going to go get some rest. Jamie and Caleb both ended up in our room last night because of the power outage, so I think I was awake more than asleep last night. Here's hoping tonight is more peaceful!
Friday, June 13, 2008
June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have a feeling the teachers got together and caused the power outage and just blamed the woodpecker. :-) That's funny that one pole falling can take power out of the whole island. I hope you got good rest last night. Even if Carson doesn't have school Monday, I bet the teachers will be there so maybe you could just drop off the gift.
Post a Comment