This morning during our craft time, the kids had fun making cards for Grammy. We also enjoyed popcorn and a cookie while we worked, which made for a good time.
After lunch, we all went to the Dollar Store, where I had planned for the kids to each pick out a water play toy to entertain them this afternoon. Instead, Carson chose a package of punch balloons, Jamie chose a doll, and Caleb chose a hockey stick and ball set. It always amuses me to see what they choose. Next, we headed to
Publix, where the kids acted like maniacs and made me really, really mad. Then, we went by and dropped off our cards and flowers on
Grammy's front porch. After that, we went home and the older two kids went to their rooms for an hour so I could have some peace.
Things were much better after that. Carson played with William, Jamie played Webkinz, Caleb looked out the window at the moving trucks down the street, and there was peace. Later, I took Carson and Jamie to VBS, which is where they are now.
Today, I gave myself an early birthday present and signed up for Weight Watchers. I got the monthly pass so I can use the e-tools too. Vic came home a little early to watch Caleb, and I dropped Carson and Jamie off at the church and headed over to the WW meeting. I am really excited about this. I think the meetings and the weekly weigh-in will be just what I need to keep me on track. So, look for my progress reports every Thursday night on the blog.
Oh, and our laptop is working now. Brent said it started right up for him. I think he has a magic touch with PCs. He is like the PC whisperer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment