Friday, June 6, 2008

June 6, 2008

I took Jamie to her dance rehearsal at the theater this afternoon. Man, our downtown was a mess. Lots of traffic, endless herds of pedestrians, and of course, construction blocking off the route I had planned to take. It's a good thing I left early. We ended up parking on the 6th floor of a parking garage that is just a block from the theater.

Our instructions were to check the dancers in at the back door in the alley way. Nice. We ran into my friend, Halle, and her daughters on our way to the alley way so we walked together. It wasn't a very rough area, luckily. Although when we picked the girls up, there was a guy sitting on a bucket outside the door.

We got to go into the theater and watch the girls rehearse. That place is gorgeous! It was built in 1921 and later restored and re-opened in 2000. I have never been inside until today.

After rehearsal, we met Grammy, Carson and Caleb at the pool so Jamie could swim with them for a while. Then, I took all of them home for take-out Japanese food for dinner.

Carson got a 100 on both of his big spelling tests this week! 50 words and he got every one of them right. He worked really hard studying for the tests, and it paid off. We are so proud of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good, Carson takes after me and shows academic prowess. I was concerned he might be more like sister, who was voted "Biggest Party Animal" in Middle School.

If you need to send him up to DC for a while to make sure I fully wear off on him, feel free.