Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008 Happy Father's Day

We had nursery duty at church this morning, which was pretty easy since half the kids in the nursery this morning were ours. I think a bunch of people must have gone out to brunch for Father's Day or something. We made it right on time for nursery duty, too. I wonder why we can do that, but making it to church 15 minutes later is a challenge.

After church, we met Grammy, Grampy and Brent for lunch at Beef O'Brady's. The kids liked that because they have an arcade and one of the games gives out a bouncy ball every time you play it.

After that we went home and all worked together to clean the van inside and out. It was getting scary inside there, and desperately needed cleaning. As we were finishing up, a storm was rolling in. We spent the rest of the afternoon inside, relaxing and watching the rain. It was a nice, quiet afternoon.

We also ordered the new washing machine. We decided to just call Home Depot and order it over the phone. I am getting this one, except that we didn't pay that much for it. It was cheaper in the store. It is supposed to be here sometime Wednesday. That will give me a little time to wash what we need for the trip to Carowinds. I hope it arrives Wednesday morning, but I'll be happy if it arrives at all on Wednesday. I can't wait to try it out!

I think Vic had a nice Father's Day today, even though we didn't do much. It was a fairly peaceful afternoon. Plus, he got his laptop working, so that was a great father's day gift for him! Now at least we don't have to buy a new laptop and a new washing machine at the same time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a nice washer - I need to get back down there and try it out. =) I am in the market for a new washer also, so let me know how you like this one. I have never had a front loader before. I'm glad Vic got his lap top fixed and that he had a relaxing Father's Day.