We enjoyed a fairly quiet day at home today. The kids played outside a lot. It was overcast and not too hot. They played in the sprinkler quite a lot today. I am glad they like that thing. Usually when I buy stuff like that, they use it a couple of times and then it gathers dust in the garage.
Caleb was up at 6:30 this morning, which wasn't fun since my alarm wasn't going off until 7:15. But that meant he was ready for a nice long nap by about 12:30. That gave Jamie and I time to have a picnic lunch outside. We sat out on the playset swings and ate pizza and blueberries. It was a nice change of pace. :)
After Carson came home, we all spent some time cleaning up the house, and then the kids were back out playing in the water until dinner time.
Carson is counting down the days until his Summer break begins. He has nine school days left! All of his friends who go to private schools are already out and Jamie is out too now, so he doesn't like it very much that he still has to go. I think next week will pretty much be a party for him, though. They will be having a carnival-themed week with different carnival games and snacks each day, ending with a big carnival party on the last day of school.
I am kind of looking forward to Summer, too. It will be nice to have a break from fussing with homework and reading logs and getting the kids out of bed and out the door on time in the mornings. I am looking forward to spending lots of time at the pool, taking the kids to the beach, and, of course, Carowinds. :)
Monday, June 2, 2008
June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment