Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12, 2009 Happy Birthday, Jamie!

Jamie is officially 5 years old now. She's fast asleep in her new princess sleeping bag after a fun day.

I dropped all the kids off at their schools this morning and then ran a couple of errands and went home to bake a birthday cake before picking up Caleb. I took Caleb to Grammy & Grampy's to play for the afternoon and then headed to Jamie's classroom with treats for her class.

She wanted donuts, so she enjoyed Krispy Kremes with her class while wearing the birthday crown her teacher had given her. After the snack, I checked her out early and we headed to the nail salon, where she chose a very, very bright reddish-pink color for her nails with a yellow flower design. She was so excited about her pretty nails.

After her nails were dry, we went next door to the hair salon and she got a shampoo, haircut and blow dry. I'm not so sure she enjoyed that as much. She has never been to a salon that wasn't just for kids. The look on her face when the lady was washing her hair was priceless. She didn't know what to think, lol.

We left there and picked up Carson, then went to Grammy and Grampy's house to find that Caleb was still asleep. So, we left him there, but first I went inside to check out the hole he had knocked in their pantry door by slamming it back so hard that the door stop up top went through the door! Whoops! He is like bam bam sometimes.

Later Grammy & Grampy came over with Caleb and Uncle Brent came over and we all ate pizza, cake and ice cream. Jamie had the best time opening up her gifts. She now has enough play make up to open her own salon, a new Webkinz with clothes and a carrier, a beautiful music box, a Furreal cat that she has been wanting for a long time, a new princess sleeping bag and lots of other great gifts.

I think she had a fun day. I know I did, and now I can't wait to get some rest. Partying like a five year old has worn me out!

I will post pictures soon.

No comments: