Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24, 2009

Vic actually went to the office this morning to get some work done. I am so surprised how easy the surgery has been for him! Caleb and I spent the morning getting ready for Jamie's party. We also went to Publix for ice cream and to pick up the cake, which was one of those pull-a-part cupcake cakes. Caleb seemed to be feeling better today, thank goodness.

This afternoon we picked up Grammy, Carson and Jamie and went to the Y for Jamie's party. We had 18 kids there, including ours. I had been worried that too many would show up(the Y says no more than 20), but it worked out great. :) They all had a good time. The only annoying thing was that there was some sort of dance practice going on in the gym at the same time as the party. I don't think that was supposed to happen, but it worked out okay, since it's a big gym and the kids really only cared about the trampolines and foam pits anyway.

The kids all came upstairs to the party area tired and thirsty from running around so much. They were going through juice pouches so quickly that I feared I would run out. I took 40 with me and it was barely enough. We sang happy birthday, they tore through their cupcakes, ice cream cups and juice and went downstairs for more play time. I think everyone had fun. I know Jamie did. She has been looking forward to this for a long time.

We came home and opened presents and the kids played with some friends for a while. Then we grilled out steaks for dinner. Now I need to get to work on cleaning up downstairs. You'd think we'd had the party here judging by the mess!

I will get pictures posted as soon as I can. We are still having some computer issues.

No comments: