It was rough getting everyone out the door this morning after such a long break, but we made it to school on time. After I dropped off all the kids I went to the Y to set up Jamie's birthday party. This time the lady I need to talk to was there but unavailable. So, the party still isn't set up because she called before I got home, and then I called back twice with no luck getting her or the lady who works in the afternoon. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow.
I headed over to the Dollar store and Walmart after I left the Y. I figured if I can't get the party set up I can at least shop for the party. So, I got party favors, napkins and plates and some art supplies and a Thumbelina doll for gifts for Jamie. At least I made some progress. I feel bad for letting her birthday slip up on me this year.
Then I did some shopping at Publix and headed home to quickly put everything away and pack up a couple of things I need to ship before picking up Caleb.
Caleb enjoyed his first day back at school. He said he played with trains and played on the playground and ate "Cheeto snakes" for snack. We went by the post office and then went home, where he helped me clean out Jamie's toys again. I don't know how she accumulates so many toys! Her closet was overflowing, so I got rid of two bags full of stuff she doesn't play with. Now we are ready for the next toy influx, coming one week from today. :)
We picked up Carson and Jamie, who were less enthusiastic about their first day back at school but still had a good day, I think. They were definitely happy that it was pizza night, and all the kids were ready for bed shortly after dinner. Getting back into the routine is tough!
Monday, January 5, 2009
January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment