Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2009

I sent Jamie off to school this morning and then dropped Caleb off at Grammy and Grampy's house for a day of fun. Then I ran a couple of errands and came home to wait for the new vanity for the bathroom to be delivered. I stopped on the way home and got take out fajitas for lunch, which was really yummy, but I'll probably regret it at Monday's weigh in!

They vanity did arrive this afternoon. I am excited that we are at least moving towards making progress in redecorating the bathroom. That room has been a work in progress for at least 6 months now, probably more like 7-8 months.

I picked up Carson and Jamie from school and then we picked up Caleb, who had lots of fun working in the yard today with Grammy.

The kids were especially crazy tonight, and I am so glad they are in the bed now!

Here are some random things that haven't made it into the blog lately:

-- Caleb is addicted to Clementines lately and every time I turn around he has another one and is throwing peels all over the place. I guess there are worse things he could be hooked on, like candy. Oh yeah, he actually is addicted to candy, too. And, he knows where the stash is and is really good at climbing. So, I am pulling him down off the counter 100 times a day.

-- Vic's new assistant started this past Monday, and is 71 years old. She has lots of real estate experience and will be a great help to him, but Vic was shocked by her lack of computer skills after the first day. I had to giggle that he was surprised.

-- Carson informed me recently that he was never getting married. He and his friend William are going to save up their money and buy their own house together. I asked him why he doesn't want to get married, and he said, "Well, I don't guess I'll ever find a girl I like as much as I like William, so I'm just not getting married." LOL I can't wait to remind him of that when he's older.

-- I caught half of the Young and the Restless today while eating my fajitas. I haven't seen it in a very long time, save for a few minutes I saw a couple of weeks ago. I almost lost my appetite over a scene with Jack and Sharon. Really Jack? Granted, I'm missing the back story here, but that has to be the worst cover story ever. You'd rather Sharon think you were a sex addict whooping it up with hookers than have her know that you were involved in some conspiracy against Victor? Come on. Colluding against Victor is what you do. Sharon would understand. Thank you, writers, for saving me a few calories today. And for not pairing Sharon with Victor, which would be the only thing worse than Sharon and Jack.

No comments: