We enjoyed our Memorial Day cookout today. Vic grilled some of the fish he caught on his fishing trip in Florida. He cooked Wahoo and tuna, and it was so yummy! He wrapped the Wahoo in bacon and grilled it on skewers with pieces of fresh pineapple. I'm not usually a big fan of fish, but this was fantastic!
Carson had fun playing with his buddy, Austin, whose family came over for the cookout. They are both video game fanatics and junk food fanatics, so they get along great! Caleb and Jamie also had a good time playing. Jamie went through a few wardrobe changes and entertained us with a little bit of song and dance. Grammy & Grampy brought over a game where you throw little wind-sock-type things and try to get them to land in rings. Caleb decided they made good catching mitts. You can see him wearing them in the photos.
Before the party started, I was in the laundry room when Carson came running in, "mom, mom come outside. You've got to see this!" Figuring it was a worm or some sort of bug, I finished up what I was doing and then went out. It was a Black Racer snake, about 3 feet long, just lying in our yard a couple of feet from the patio. It didn't look scared, either. In fact, I told the kids to back up because it was raising up its head and looked agitated. Vic came out and ran it off into the bushes. It then climbed up into the bushes and stared at us. We had to keep Caleb away because the fearless one was determined to catch the snake. He even had a net that he found in the garage. Here is a website with some info on the snake: **warning: snake picture in this link** I don't mind it being outside, but now I am kind of creeped out thinking it might get into the house. :shudder:
I love this picture of Grammy looking over to see if the snake is sneaking up on her. It was in the bush in the background of the picture:




2 comments:
I left a comment last night but for some reason it is not here! I'll try again. I said - Vic should have a killed that snake - the only good snake is a dead snake! I liked the picture of Joy looking for the snake - she is brave - I would have been in the house looking out the window. I may have to stay in a motel when I come down there. =)
Also, I love your link to the Things Christians Like web page. That guy is so funny - how did you find him? He goes to NorthPoint church which is not far from us!
I hope this commment makes it in this time.
Yeah, Joy is brave. After the snake stuck its head out of the bush to stare at us, I pretty much stayed inside the rest of the afternoon. I am hoping it will keep away rats, and maybe eat some palmetto bugs, and maybe eat whatever animal pooped in our sandbox. ;)
I found the Stuff Christians Like website from another blog that I read. I thought it was neat that he lives so close to you!
Post a Comment