Saturday, May 3, 2008

May 3, 2008


We joined the Y again today. We had canceled our membership for a while because we weren't using it, but now that the kids are a little older, we think we will use it more. So, now I have no excuse for not exercising! We went by and signed up and took the kids swimming for a little while. They all had a great time.

Then we went home so that Caleb could nap before we went to the silent auction at Carson's school. The kids had a lot of fun at the auction, too. They had some games for the kids and a moon bounce, plus pizza, hot dogs and ice cream. Really good ice cream. The kids also played on the playground for quite a while. You would think that they'd be sleeping away by now, but they are all still awake. Maybe they're a little too tired, who knows.

We are in the process of peeling off the wallpaper from our master bathroom because we are going to put up pebble tiles behind the bathtub and paint the walls. We are doing this because the wallpaper behind the tub was peeling up, since the kids use our tub for bath time and have a hard time keeping the water in the tub. What a mess this is! I'm sure it will be nice when it's done, but what a mess! Anyway, Carson and Vic were working on this project and Carson was spraying Dif on the Wallpaper before peeling it off. I picked up the bottle to make sure it was safe for him to use, and I saw in red letters that it was "Safe", & "non-toxic". Great!

Later, after they were done for the night, I read the whole label. Check out this label:




Safe and non-toxic; oh, except don't get it on your skin. Oh yeah, and it also contains a chemical that is known to the State of California to cause cancer, but other than that it's safe and non-toxic. Wth? I hope crayons and paste are a little more non-toxic than this stuff. Brought to you by the makers of Happy Fun Ball.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do not taunt happy fun ball."

Anonymous said...

That stuff is safe except for not getting it on your skin or the fact that it might cause caner!!! That is weird they sate it is safe. Makes you wonder about other stuff that we thought was safe. I know y'all will enjoy the YMCA. That is a cool swimming area for the kids. I remember going there a few years ago when you were members. Are you going to do the water aerobics again? Our church is having Fun Day today and dad and I are working a booth. I hope we have a good turn out!

Could that comment by maker of happy fun ball be from Ben? =) I'm just guessing.