Jamie is now officially registered for pre-k. I took Caleb with me and all the documentation they required. I figured I could just hand them the documents(birth certificate, shot record, ss card, Ear Eye and Dental certificate) and they would make copies of them and we'd be on our way. I figured this since I already filled out a bunch of paper work when I put her in the lottery. Nope. I was handed a a packet to fill out that was at least 10 pages long. Good grief. Thank goodness there was a fish tank in the office to entertain Caleb and another toddler whose mom brought rice cake chips. So I made it through the paperwork and got my documents back and then we were on our way.
Talking to some of the other parents throughout the day, I have found out that three of Jamie's friends will be in the other pre-k class, so I'm kind of sad about that. At least they'll be right across the hall and will probably get to play on the playground together. I hope she will know someone in her class.
Caleb fell asleep in the car this morning as we were running errands and that was all the nap he had today, so it was a pretty long day for me keeping up with him. I really can't turn my back on him for a second. Yesterday he clipped off a piece of his hair with the scissors while I went upstairs to brush my teeth. Today, he followed me into the bathroom and when I noticed that he didn't follow me out, I found that he had climbed up on the counter and was holding Vic's razor. He's very "busy".
Today, Jamie and Caleb were playing "Woofie", and Jamie asked me if I knew why she called him Woofie. I guessed that it was because he likes to bark. She said, "no, he likes to fark. He farks a lot." After I stopped giggling, I wondered to myself what the name Woofie had to do with farting. Then I realized she meant bark, so I said, "That's called barking. Can you say bark?" She said bark. Then she said, "yeah, he farks a lot." I hope she doesn't bring this up in public.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment