Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11, 2008

We had a nice Veterans' Day today. Caleb let us sleep in until 6:45, so we got a nice, early start today. Vic went to work, and we stayed around the house for a little while and then stopped by Publix, where the kids were active but surprisingly good. Then we headed over to the Dollar Store.

I gave them each a dollar to spend and told them they could spend a couple of dollars of their money, too. I have to put limits on Dollar Store spending, or I would have the whole toy aisle in our play room. Carson chose a snake that grows in water. This thing is already over a foot long and is probably going to freak out the cleaning lady tomorrow, no matter where I put it. He also got a polar bear that grows in water and some kind of freaky gel-filled ball. Caleb picked out a play police officer gun that lights up and makes noise. I hope that one gets lost fast. He also got some Diego Spinning tops. Jamie got some Disney Princess pom poms and a stuffed dog. The new toys made them very happy, and we went home, ate lunch and they played with their new treasures for a while.

After Caleb's nap we played outside for a while and then I took them to McDonald's for dinner. Vic had a meeting tonight, so I figured this would be a good way to wrap up the day. They ate and played and were all ready for bed when we got home.

I finally got everything unpacked from our trip today. Now I'm off to work on some laundry!

No comments: