Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13, 2008

We all got an early start to our day this morning when Caleb woke up just before dawn. He knocked on our door, telling us, "I use wipes." Vic investigated and found that Caleb, aka Mr. Independent, had tried to change his dirty diaper himself, with disastrous results for the carpet in his room. So, I scrubbed the carpet while Vic washed down Caleb. This whole process woke up Jamie, so then we were all up before dawn. Good times. We got them both back into bed and I was thrilled that I still had a little time before my alarm went off. But just as I was falling asleep I heard Jamie saying to Caleb, "Look! The sun is coming up! Morning time, Caleb!!"

Jamie headed off to school with the neighbor and Caleb and I hung out for a while at home. Then I dropped him off at Grammy & Grampy's house, and I headed off to work at the book fair. I got there early and picked up Jamie from her class to take her to choose a book before my shift began. Carson will be going with his class, but the pre-k kids don't go with their class. She picked out a Barbie Swan Lake book and chose a Clifford book about firefighters for Caleb. She was very excited that I had shown up at her least favorite time of day - nap time. I returned her to her class and reported for book fair duty.

This book fair had far more customers than the last one I worked at, but no funeral in the building or EMS outside. So, it was a piece of cake. After that was over, I picked up Carson and Jamie and we headed over to pick up Caleb.

We had a very uneventful evening except that Caleb really didn't want to go to sleep. I just hope we have an uneventful morning tomorrow and that the sun wakes up before anyone in our house!

No comments: