Friday, November 21, 2008

November 21, 2008

I sent the kids off to school this morning and then sent Vic off fishing and spent my morning spending quality time with the laundry.

I brought Caleb home, gave him lunch and put him down for an all-too-short nap. Then, we headed out to go to Jamie's Thanksgiving "Tasting" party. This is where the pre-k kids and the kindergarten kids get together every year in the cafeteria to enjoy some Thanksgivingy(How's that for a made up word?) food. They wore turkey hats with feathers sticking up in the back. They were really cute, but I made the mistake of commenting about Jamie's "Indian" hat. She didn't like that too much. Caleb and Jamie shared a plate and they both had fun. They had pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, peanuts, popcorn, and M&Ms. I'm not sure what M&Ms have to do with Thanksgiving, but I guess you can really never go wrong serving M&Ms for any occasion.

After that, I was planning to run to Publix with Caleb before returning to the school for parent pick up, but Jamie was so sad when I told her I was leaving that I was guilted into spending the rest of the afternoon there. It was only about an hour, really. So, Caleb got to play on the playground with the big kids and had a great time. It was perfect for him since he thinks he's a big kid anyway.

We made a stop by Kroger on the way home from school. All of our bananas ended up smashed, Caleb opened a box of fruit roll ups that I then had to buy, and Jamie knocked the googly eye off of her turkey hat and we searched the store for it to no avail. Even with all that, it wasn't that bad of a shopping trip with all three kids.

They are all fast asleep now, and it is time for me to go do battle with some more laundry before bed. :)

No comments: