Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15, 2008

The power went out at exactly 7AM this morning, as scheduled. Shortly after that Caleb came to tell me that his lamp wasn't working. He turns it on first thing in the morning when he wakes up. He didn't quite get the concept of the power being out and was a little upset that I couldn't fix his lamp.

We ended up splitting up and having girls day and boys day today. Vic had to drive out and take pictures of a house he's about to list, and the boys wanted to go with him. So, he decided to take them with him and stop by the climbing wall at the Y on the way.

Jamie and I went to Walmart and then to a Fall Festival. The festival was fun, and Jamie was very good at choosing lucky lollipops from the "Pull a LolliPop out of the haystack" game, so she got a couple of extra prizes. One of the girls from her class was there, and they jumped together in the moon bounce.

Jamie and I got home before the guys and she spent all afternoon doing art work. She loves to draw and cut and paste, and I'm impressed with how creative she is. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all this art work, though. There is quite a pile in the kitchen!

The power came on a bit earlier than expected. I was very pleased with GA power for once. It wasn't too bad at all not having power for a while. It is a great time of year for it.

I would have thought the kids would be tired tonight. Carson climbed all the climbing walls at the Y. Vic tried one and said it was very tiring. But, I thought they would never go to sleep tonight! At least things are quiet now, and I'm going to go enjoy it. :)

No comments: