Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14, 2008

Caleb made up for waking everyone up before dawn yesterday by sleeping in this morning until 8:15! Of course, Jamie and I were up at 6:50, but still not too bad.

Carson had a field trip today to the Juliette Gordon Low house today. He wasn't all that excited about seeing the house, but he was excited to get to go on a field trip. I didn't go because Caleb's school was closed today and I didn't want to spend the morning chasing a toddler all over downtown. So, Caleb and I hung out together again today. We played outside, read his new Clifford firefighter book a few times, went to Kroger, stopped by the school to drop off Carson's homework that was left at home, and, of course, did laundry. I am glad Caleb likes to help.

Caleb never did nap today, except for a brief rest in the car at parent pickup. That made today a little long but bedtime super easy!

Tomorrow, we are having a planned power outage in our area from 7AM - 1PM. They need to do some sort of work on the power lines. I'm hoping they really will get the power back on by 1:00, but if there's no blog from me tomorrow night, then it will probably be because we are still without power. We'll see how it goes. I am planning to take the kids to a fall festival tomorrow morning. The kids brought home a brochure today from school, and it says that they will have power there at the community center, so we'll be hanging out there for a while.

No comments: