Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26, 2009

I stayed up too late watching Lost to blog last night, so I'll start with yesterday.

I had a fun morning at MOPs yesterday and a fun afternoon playing with Caleb. Grammy picked up Carson and Jamie from school and took Carson to spend the night at her house. Jamie, Caleb and I played outside all afternoon with all the other kids on our street.

Last night, Vic came home early so I could go to my Huge Loser informational meeting and literally size-up my competition. ;) There were about 30 people there, way more than I expected. We will be meeting off-site for many of our workouts. She said locations will remain a surprise until the meeting before the off site meeting. I know one of the excursions is a kayaking trip. Can't wait to find out what the others are!

We were given a bright red t-shirt to wear at our workouts that reads, "I'm a Huge Loser at the Islands YMCA." lol. We are supposed to be on about a 1200 calorie diet, which didn't go so well today. That is not a lot of calories! I like to eat! I guess I will adjust. I did well this morning and went a little nuts this afternoon.

So, on to today.

This morning I dropped off Jamie at school and then later took Caleb to spend a fun day with Grammy and Grampy while I ran some errands and cleaned up at home.

Caleb had a great time. He went to the golf course where he got to hit golf balls, ride on the golf cart, feed the ducks and eat a hot dog. Sounds like his dream day to me!

I picked up Carson and Jamie, picked up Caleb and then we headed home. I made them clean their rooms when we got home, which lead to a ridiculous amount of drama from Carson but eventually the rooms got clean. After that we played outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather!

I made bubbles with the giant bubble wand, and Caleb spent a long time chasing them around. He had a blast, and as we were walking in the door to go inside, he said, "Today was a great day, Mom!" :)

No comments: