Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5, 2009

I sent Jamie off to school this morning and then took Caleb for a fun day at Grammy and Grampy's house. Then I headed off to Target for some shopping fun and for a Starbucks, of course.

Later, I picked up all the kids and sent Carson across the street to play at a friend's house. Jamie and Caleb stayed inside and played Toon Town. It was crazy cold again today, and I wore my fleece jacket all day again. I am looking forward to some warmer temperatures this weekend. I am just not cut out for this cold!

Tonight we all went out to dinner at Uncle Bubba's since they were having a fundraiser for Carson and Jamie's school, offering free kids meals and donating 25% to the school. Vic and I got shrimp and grits, which was unlike any other shrimp and grits I had ever seen. It was more like shrimp and tons of onions and sauce. So, it was pretty disappointing. Then, there was a water spigot behind our table about 1 inch off the ground. Vic was going to the restroom and accidentally kicked the handle of the spigot. Water started shooting out all over the floor. Then, he turned it the wrong way trying to get it to turn off and the water started spraying like crazy. So, that was lovely. It was also pretty funny. To top the night off, Jamie took the dress off of her sleeping beauty doll, and started saying very loudly, "Look mommy, she's doing a naked bum bum dance! bum bum dance, bum bum dance!" I took the doll away, and as luck would have it, it was time to go then.

Time to get on those fleece PJs now and turn up the electric blanket! Brrrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, what restaurant puts a spigot an inch off the ground where their customers will be walking - I bet other people have tripped too! That story had me LOL - it is like a scene from a TV comedy especially when you add in Jamie's little song. =) I hope y'all warm up soon - it is suppose to be in the 60's here this weekend.