Sunday, February 1, 2009

January 31, 2009

We have had lots of home improvement fun today. Vic pulled the old vanity out of the downstairs bathroom this morning. He then needed to put in tiles to cover the area that used to be covered by the vanity, since the new vanity is free-standing and is raised. He quickly realized that the boxes of tile he thought he had that matched the tiles currently in the bathroom were not the right ones. They were from our last house. So, we called the place we got them, and of course, that tile is no longer being made.

So, we got to take all three kids to Home Depot and try to pick out new tile for the bathroom. I tried to convince him to just re-tile the whole kitchen, hallway and laundry room area while he was at it, but it was a no-go. So, we finally decided on some tile after much mulling and debate and restless kids. Then we took the kids to Target for an Icee and a Starbucks for me and we headed home.

We ordered take out for dinner tonight, since my kitchen counters are covered in tools and stuff from the bathroom and I didn't want to add any more mess by cooking. Now, I am going to get some rest because we have nursery duty at church tomorrow, followed by more home improvement fun. I am so excited to see progress being made in the bathroom renovations, even if it is making a big mess!

No comments: