Friday, December 19, 2008

December 19, 2008




This morning I had all the teachers gifts ready, backpacks packed with lunches, snacks, drinks, and plates and napkins ready to go for Caleb's party. Everything went great until we started to send the kids out the door and realized one of Caleb's shoes was missing. Arrrggg. I hate it when that happens. The other shoe was right where it was supposed to be under his backpack hook. So, after looking and looking, we decided that Vic would take the other two to school and I would locate the shoe and then take Caleb to his class. As soon as Caleb came back inside(he was already buckled and ready to go in Vic's car), I told him we needed to find his other shoe, and he ran off and ran back with the shoe! He knew exactly where it was. He must have stashed it away somewhere. So, that was our morning drama. It's always something, no matter how prepared I am.

So, I dropped him off, went home for just a little while and then went back to the preschool for his party. He was already digging into a cupcake with lots of red icing when I arrived. Good thing he was wearing a red shirt. He also ate a bunch of chicken nuggets and fruit, so he had his party was more of a luncheon, which was nice. After he finished eating, he ran and got his backpack and was ready to go. We loaded up his backpack with all his loot and headed to Grammy and Grampy's house, where he spent a fun afternoon.

Later I went to Jamie's party, and then took Jamie and we walked over to Carson's party. I think I might have been snapping too many pictures, since the lady in charge of the yearbook saw me and asked if I could email her pictures from any school event I attend, lol. She didn't say anything to anyone else. If she saw how these pictures came out, she wouldn't have asked. I didn't really take that many and they are mostly really bad. After Carson's party his class was going to watch the Grinch, but we decided to go ahead and head home.

We hiked back to the van. I had to park quite a way from the school. I don't remember ever seeing so many cars around there. Then we picked up Caleb and went home. Carson played with a friend, Jamie went over to her friend's house who lives down the street, and Caleb watched some Handy Manny. Now, I am about to go tuck them all into bed. I hope they will be good and tired and ready for sleep tonight! I am really ready for some quiet.

I have added a few more pics from today in our web album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny about the shoe - last week one of my mom's was a little late and she said she had to stop by Target and buy shoes for her child because they couldn't find his anywhere. =) At least Caleb found his. It sounds like you had a very busy day! I can't believe Christmas is only a few days away.