Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008

This morning Carson and Jamie headed off to school and Vic took Caleb out to Tybee to take care of some things at a couple of his listings out there. They also played at the beach for a while, where Caleb was thrilled to get to see a big ship coming in.

That left me home alone for a couple of hours, so I had the chance to clean up and I also did a little more Christmas shopping.

Caleb came home tired out from his fun morning and took a nap. After his nap, I had a plan to go vote and then make a fast stop by Publix in order to be home before Grammy arrived to drop off Carson. But, when I pulled into the church parking lot to vote, a guy pointed out to me that one of my tires was flat. So, Caleb and I voted (Did you hear that, Georgia Republican party? You can stop calling now. Please. I voted for Saxby, despite his annoying Thanksgiving ad.) Then we headed home on the mostly flat tire.

Grammy dropped Carson off at home and took Jamie to her house for a fun afternoon. I hear she got to have a steak dinner, too! Carson spent the afternoon playing with William and then doing homework. His teacher sent home a note saying that he needs to work on bringing up his spelling grade. We do work quite a lot on spelling with him, but those words are hard! He asked what his grade was and I told him his current average was 75. He asked, "75 out of what?". When I said, "100", he said, "What? 75 out of 100 is a lot!" He makes a good point, lol. Spelling might not be his thing, but math is. I can't believe they are working on Geometry in 2nd grade! He just whizzes through that stuff.

Jamie came home just in time for a bubble bath, and then we all did our nightly advent. The kids are loving the new advent calendar. Mostly because of the candy, I think. :)

I put them all to bed while Vic worked on my tire. He ended up putting on the spare. Looks like I'll be getting a new tire soon. I am so glad this happened today and not Sunday on the way home from Atlanta!

I took some pictures today but am once again having trouble getting them to load onto the computer. I promise I will post some as soon as I can!

No comments: