Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21, 2008

This morning we went to church, where the kids were pretty well behaved an earned themselves an ice slushy afterwards. Our pastor and God must have coordinated today's service because just as he was talking about the depravity of Herod the Great and listing many of his evil deeds, a huge rain storm came out of nowhere. It was pretty cool, like something out of a movie.

We spent the afternoon at home working around the house and the kids played with their friends. The highlight of this afternoon was when Vic decided to pull the giant inflatable Santa out of the garage and put it up in the front yard. This was quite a shock because Vic generally dislikes any kind of Christmas stuff in the front yard. So, I was more than a little surprised to see him wrestling with a giant Santa outside. It was quite a fiasco getting the jolly fellow to stand up, and I'm sure our neighbors were giggling at us. But, eventually he was standing fairly straight waving a giant-inflatable Christmas greeting to passers-by. I wasn't thrilled with it at first, since I'm generally a white-light purist as far as Christmas decorations are concerned, but he's growing on me. I just saw a tour trolley go by. I hope they waved to our Santa.

Christy and Patrick are coming by any minute with some gifts for the kids, so they are very excited. They are also ready for bed, so right after the gift-opening fun, they'll be tucked in for the night, and I'll be enjoying some peaceful laundry-folding time. :)

No comments: