This morning the kids played outside with their friends and Vic did some work on his car while I tried to clean up some inside. We ate a quick lunch and then we all went to the dollar store to let the kids do their annual Christmas shopping.
In the past, I have always taken them one at a time to the store. This year, I decided we'd be efficient and all go together. I am most definitely going back to my old plan next year. The dollar store was crowded, the kids were tired and cranky, and to top it all off, Carson squeezed one of those little balls from the toy aisle with the liquid inside too hard and it exploded nasty green liquid all over him and Vic. Their shirts were covered in it, and it was dripping out of Carson's hair. It was actually pretty funny, though, and the only fun part of the trip, for sure.
After that we went in Publix to do our shopping for our church's Salvation army food collection and then I went in Hallmark while Vic was loading the kids in the van and got some mulling spices to make spiced apple cider with. Of course, I realized at that point that I had forgotten to get the cider at Publix. So, I'll just have to get that another day.
Tonight after dinner, we drove out to Tybee to look at lights. Our friend Dan's house had won an award for best lights out there, and we wanted to go check it out. His lights were definitely the prettiest. Tybee didn't really have as many lights as we thought they would, though. We will stick with looking at lights closer to home from now on.
The kids are tuckered out and snug in their beds now, and I have a million things to do before I can sleep, so I had better go get started.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment