Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8, 2008 Happy Birthday, Vic!

We started out the morning with a birthday breakfast for Vic of blueberry muffins and sausage biscuits. It was sort of a rushed morning as we were trying to eat breakfast, get the kids ready for school, and Greg and Vic were getting ready for work, so we didn't get to do much birthday celebrating. We did get to spend a little time with Greg, though, and that was very nice. The kids were so excited to get to see Uncle Greg. They had a great time with him.

I took the kids to school and then went home to enjoy the quiet and clean up around the house. Later, I went to Publix to pick up some things for Vic's birthday dinner tonight. I went straight from Publix to pick up Caleb and headed home for our usual lunch and nap routine. He actually ate mostly ice cream for lunch because I took him inside and went out to the van to get more bags and when I returned, he had opened the ice cream, gotten himself a spoon and was chowing down. Nothing like melty ice cream!

This afternoon after we picked up Carson and Jamie, I got to work on baking the cake. I ended up baking two cakes because the first one fell to pieces when I tried to invert it onto my Tupperware Cake taker. Then, the second one split straight down the middle. It just wasn't much of a Betty Crocker day for me. I salvaged the second cake by covering it with a bunch of icing. It looked weird, but tasted good! Jamie topped it with sprinkles and put a bunch of candles on it.

Vic came home and grilled steaks and fish and chicken - very yummy! We had eight people here for dinner, plus our family, so it was a lot of fun. There was a boy there a few years older than Carson, and they had a great time playing Wii games together. I think Vic had a good birthday. We definitely had fun celebrating with him. And now there is plenty of cleaning up to do before bed!

I will get pictures posted tomorrow!

No comments: