Caleb and I had a great time at Oatland Island this morning. He wasn't about to leave there until he saw every animal. He especially wanted to see a snake and would ask me every time we left an animal area if the snakes were next. Finally we found a snake in a tank inside the Wolf Observation cabin. Later we saw a couple more inside the main building, so he was very happy. He was also completely worn out and fell asleep on the way home. He slept for almost three hours.
Tonight Carson had his first soccer practice. I almost didn't go since it started to rain just as we were leaving, but the coach hadn't cancelled, so we went anyway. We had an interesting time on the way there when one of my wiper blades popped out of place and made a horrible screeching sound every time it went up. I put it on delay and yelled for the kids to cover their ears whenever it went up. I had to cover mine, too, which made it a real adventure. I was able to fix it when we got there.
I was glad that we went because, sure enough, they were there practicing in the rain. It was just a light rain, so it wasn't too bad. It was a little chilly, though. Caleb and Jamie stayed in the van and I mostly stood in front of the van and watched Carson. He did a good job and had fun. We got McDonald's on the way home to celebrate his first practice. The kids got McDonalds. Vic and I ate some healthy grilled chicken with some veggies. :)
I will get Oatland Island pictures up soon.
Friday, March 27, 2009
March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment