Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 13, 2008

We had fun visiting with Eric and Anna yesterday. We got there at lunch time and went to a neat restaurant that serves barbeque and tex-mex type food. An odd combination, but everything was great! Then, Eric took us for a tour around the mountains and a drive down the Blue Ridge parkway (he only scared me a couple of times). We also went for a very short hike to a place called Beacon Heights. It is such a beautiful area there. I can see why they chose to live there. Eric is a pilot, so they could really live anywhere.

We got home this afternoon at about 3:00. It was great to be back with the kids. Although one of the first things Jamie said to me was, "I didn't miss you too much, mommy." Well, I'm glad she had fun while I was gone. :)

I am so tired and ready for bed now. I will share a few pictures tomorrow, including pictures of me lounging around the hotel lobby in my (hotel) robe when the fire alarm went off at 2:30am. That turned out to be a lot of fun(after the running down 6 flights of stairs part) because those hotel robes are so comfy, and the lobby is super nice and comfy too. So, the combination of the two was quite delightful. If only the bar were still open, it would have been perfect. :)

No comments: