Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22, 2008

This morning Jamie and Caleb were up with the sun again. I really wish they liked sleep. At least it is easy to get everyone out the door on time when they are up early.

Caleb and I made a stop by Publix before picking up Jamie from school. Caleb has become very efficient at procuring a cookie and balloon at each visit. He has cut out the middle man (me) and now goes straight to the people who actually have the cookies and balloons. So, as soon as the cart pulls up to the bakery counter, he begins asking for a cookie, "tookie? tookie? tookie?" Then when we check out, he asks the bagger for a balloon. He even points to the helium tank, in case there is any confusion about what he wants, I guess.

After we picked Carson up from school, the kids all played with the kids who live across the street until dinner time. At one point, they were all upstairs in Carson's room. I heard quite a commotion but didn't hurry up there since no one seemed to be in pain. When I went to check a few minutes later, I heard Ann say, "okay now let's take out the fat one!" I knew right away she was talking about Froggy, one of Carson's aquatic frogs. When I walked in, they had just dropped Taddy back into the water. I guess I never really did mention to Carson that the frogs needed to stay in the water. I hope Taddy will be okay because Carson will feel pretty bad if he's not. I then had all the kids wash their hands and declared play time over because dinner was ready.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to our annual Tea and Testimony at MOPS. Should be a nice relaxing morning. :) Right now, I need to go get the kids in the bed so I can have a nice relaxing evening of folding laundry.

3 comments:

kym said...

2 words for getting the kids to sleep later ~ Black. Curtains.

(or at least black lining for the curtains you already have)

Watch out for that Caleb, he knows how to work the system already

Shannon said...

max has aquatic frogs too. and one is named...froggy.

mostlysunny said...

Thanks, Kym! That might just work for Caleb. :) Jamie doesn't like the dark and sleeps with her closet light on and a night light, so it won't help her.

Shannon, how neat that Max has aquatic frogs too! I hope they have less adventure than ours. Taddy seems to be unscathed from his little outing.