I am not sure what has gotten into Caleb since we returned from Charlotte, but he has been a handful. Sunday night he hardly slept at all. This morning, he got up at the crack of dawn, in fact, I think it was a little bit before dawn. Then, he got a blue permanent marker and scribbled on the couch, Vic's laptop case, and my kitchen notebook. Next, he refused to take a nap. I must have put him back in his crib 30 times. Eventually, I gave up. Shortly after that, he dumped my glass of water all over the keyboard. He finally fell asleep in the car in Carson's carpool line, but Carson kept messing with him until he woke up. Grrrrrrr.
Tonight is Vic's poker night, and I just got all the kids in the bed, so now I have some quiet time to attempt to remove all the permanent marker with some rubbing alcohol. I heard that works well. I just hope it doesn't discolor the leather. Any other ideas? Then, I will attempt to get the house straightened up because the maids are coming in the morning. I have already put Caleb back in his bed five times as I was typing this, so this may be a long night. I think I need to find some sort of gate that he can't climb so I can gate him in his room at nap time and bed time. The problem is, I can't imagine a gate that the little monkey couldn't find a way to defeat.
On the positive side, Jamie did sleep in her own bed all night three of the last seven nights. That's a big improvement for her. I hope she keeps it up!
Also on the positive side, Carson had a good day at school and came home and did his homework with no complaining, then he played with William outside until dinner time. He is in his bed right now reading one of the Animal Life books that he got from Grandpa and Gran. I think he is reading the Alligator and Crocodile one. That one and the Shark book are his favorites. We have been reading them every night and he is learning lots about the animals. I am glad to see him enjoying reading.
I am off to clean up now and try to get that marker out of the couch. I am officially ready for another vacation. Or maybe a full-time nanny. Definitely a glass of wine.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hairspray works every time. :)
The Magic Erasers work sometimes also. I'm thinking Caleb and Logan are long lost brothers! LOL!
Thanks for the tips, Carleigh and Sancy! I used rubbing alcohol on a small section of the couch last night, and it lightened the marker. I think it will get it out with a few more tries. I wanted to give it a day to make sure it didn't affect the leather before I continue.
LOL, Sancy, you may be right about Logan and Caleb!
Post a Comment